Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Post-meeting thoughts

Today, NASCAR had its town hall meeting involving the owners and drivers. While it was a good thing, I can't help but think that Brian France has no intention of dealing with NASCAR's key issues. I can't help but think it was all for show to the press, to give them the impression NASCAR was listening and dealing with its key issues.

Until I plainly see that NASCAR has a comprehensive drug testing program, and give the crew chiefs a little leeway for them to adjust the new car, the meeting was much ado about nothing. It was basically a dog and pony show.

Excuse me for my cynicism, but Brian France has given me no reason to be optimistic. At best, his leadership is inconsistent. At worst, he's in over his head. Until France gives me good reason to be optimistic, I will continue to be wary of any of his pronouncements and judgments.

3 comments:

Brent said...

Hey Jon! I also think that nothing significant will come out of these meetings. Brian France has been taking the sport in the wrong direction and will continue to do so. That's why he needs to be overthrown...

Anonymous said...

Jon.....I'm tired! Do you how many blogs and sites there are to go to now? But it's worth it! Great wrap up. What's next? Oh, yeah, Junyer! Whatcha thinks gonna happen?

jon_464 said...

Gonger, I'd LOVE to lead that revolt!! I think it was much ado about nothing.

Beverly, I think a lot of bloggers are getting fed up with Fox Sports blogs. They want to criticize Fox, and rightly so, but don't for fear of being censored. I was fed up with the technical issues and that's why I'm doing this blog here. It may be permanent, I don't know.